Monday, March 16, 2009

My first encounter with a Prophet.

The term prophet, was a distant and vague comprehension in my mind. So, I therefore had no interest to seek such knowledge. However, my life drastically transformed when I was 19 years old. As Ecclesiastes 3 states, to everything there is a season. Well, this was my season to be healed.

I had just graduated from College and was trying to map my futuristic plans. But, one day I found myself struggling to breathe, which alternately began to obstruct my focus, my work but most of all my life. I can clearly recall one night as I sat on the couch, I wrestled in my body and spirit to stay alive, only to leave my parents helpless. Within a year, I had visited thirteen doctors, each of which said it could be panic attack, or asthma, your lungs or no maybe it's your heart. I just about had enough assumptions and test performed, which had no positive results. I then, cried out to the Lord for the first time in my life for answers and healing. I said, Lord if you really exist, why don't you heal me or it's best I die. A few weeks that followed, my grandmother had given me an invitation to her church. She said, "their is a prophet who will be holding a week's crusade and it's your time for a divine intervention (healing)." So, I accepted the old ladies invitation just to please her.

Instantly, my mind was flooded with anger and my respiratory problem grew as I joined the praises. I thought to myself, how could I engage with this so call visionary and his money making assembly. I embraced the entire service with observation, critical thoughts and laughter as I was seemingly entertained by this visionary and those aerobic like Christians. As I exit the crusade for the first night, I promised myself never to return. But, there was something about this Prophet, not just his neatly pressed suit or his well marked hair. But rather, a power was released in my soul everytime he said the name Jesus. So, I forwarded my steps to the crusade once more. One night as his eyes searched the crowd, the concrete mask I had built up was now more obvious than before. He immediately caught his eyes on me and said, "you little lady, God said it's your time to be healed, Come." I looked behind me in complete doubt. He said, "yes you, come for your healing." As I reluctantly approached him, everyone's eyes were plastered on me. He then stretched his hands towards me and said, " TOUCH in the name of Jesus," I then found myself in the arms of intercessors, as I recuperated from my semi - unconscious anointing power. He followed by relating everything I was suffering with and prophesied healing into my life.

From that said day, I have been totally healed by the power of God, through a prophetic man I had never met before. My experience has now positioned me, in a more intimate relationship with my sweet Lord.





No comments: